Shipper and Affordable Auto Shippers Agree To The Following:
1. Pick-up and delivery is from your door to your door unless residential area restrictions apply. If your vehicle is inoperable or oversize (dual or over-size wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo, etc.), please inquire as to extra charges. If carrier is not advised of inoperable or over-sized vehicles prior to pick-up, all extra charges must be paid in cash or money order made payable to carrier upon delivery.
2. The carrier and driver jointly and separately are authorized to operate and transport his/her or their motor vehicle between its pick up location and the destination set forth on this shipping order-bill of lading.
3. Affordable Auto Shippers agrees to provide a carrier to transport your vehicle as promptly as possible in accordance with your instructions but cannot guarantee pick-up or delivery on a specified date or time on our standard package. If the customer cancels an order before a carrier is assigned his deposit will be refunded in full. Affordable Auto Shippers reserves the right to reject any order and will refund the deposit in full.
4. If a shipping rate was chosen greater than the Standard Rate, it cannot be changed once a carrier has been assigned, regardless of estimated shipping dates or date of assignment. All changes to the shipping price, whether greater or lesser in amount, must occur prior to vehicle assignment and acknowledged by Affordable Auto Shippers via email. The carrier accepted your vehicle for shipping and reserved space for it based upon the amount offered and is not responsible for how long it took to have it assigned, picked up or delivered.
5. Shipper shall remove all non-permanent outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles must be tendered to carrier in good running condition (unless otherwise noted) with no more than a half tank of fuel (prefer 1/4 tank).
6. Luggage and personal property must be confined to trunk, with no heavy articles, and not to exceed 100 lbs.. Carrier is not liable for personal items left in vehicle, nor for damage caused to vehicle from excessive or improper loading of personal items. Affordable Auto Shippers does not agree to pay for your rental of a vehicle, nor shall it be liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
7. Trucking damage claims are covered by a minimum of a million dollars public liability and property damage. All claims must be noted and signed for at time of delivery, and submitted in writing within 15 days of delivery. Affordable Auto Shippers will share the carrier insurance policy upon request.
8. No electronic equipment, valuables, plants, live pets, alcohol, drugs or firearms, may be left in the vehicle.
9. International orders, the car must be empty except for factory installed equipment. Indicate serial #, and give car's approximate value in U.S. dollars. Shipper is responsible for the proper customs paperwork. (ask the assigned carrier for help with these documents)
10. Shipper warrants that he/she will pay the price quoted due Affordable Auto Shippers (or partner carrier) for delivered vehicles, and will not seek to charge back a credit card or stop a check to offset any dispute for damage claims. Department of Transportation regulations require that all claims be filed in writing and all tariffs be paid in full before claim can be processed. Paying full amount through credit card will be assessed a 3% convenience fee or a minimum of $25 whichever is greater will be added. Credit card payment should be paid 24 hours before the delivery.
11. All Collect on Delivery (COD) payments due at the time of delivery and has to be paid to Driver (partner carrier) by Certified Check, Money Order or Cash.
12. Shippers agrees when placing order that Affordable Auto Shippers is the only transport company given transport order to and not double booked with any other carrier/broker, If it is found that shipper placed an order with another company then Affordable Auto Shippers will not honor the transport order. The Shipper will be notified that his/her order is accepted or rejected after review.
This agreement and any shipment here under is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier's tariff and the uniform straight bill of lading, copies of which are available at the office of the carrier.
This supersedes all prior written or oral representation of Affordable Auto Shippers and constitutes the entire agreement between shipper and Affordable Auto Shippers and may not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of Affordable Auto Shippers.
Affordable Auto Shippers' U.S. Department of Transportation license number is 909129.